A simple 2 direction flying machine in Minecraft bedrock edition.
For the flying machine you’ll need:
- 2 Sticky Pistons.
- 2 Pistons.
- 8 Honey blocks.
- 2 Observers.
For the docks:
- 4 Obsidian Blocks.
- 10 Observers.
- 8 Redstone dust.
- 2 Sticky pistons.
- 2 pistons.
- 2 Trap doors (any variety)
We’ll start by building the flying machine.
- Place 2 sticky pistons and 2 pistons in the pattern shown below.
- Cover both sides with the 8 honey blocks
- Go to one of the sides an place an observer, as shown.
- That’s the flying machine finished! Now we’ll move on to building the docks.
- Move to the back of your machine and place 2 obsidian blocks as shown:
- Dig a 4×5 hole under the machine, 1 block deep.
- Place 2 sticky pistons under the observer blocks as shown in the screenshot above.
- Place an observer in the hole under one of the obsidian blocks and remove the block in front of it.
- Dig a 2×1 hole in front of the observer at least 3 deep.
- Place 2 temporary blocks above the observer and obsidian
- Jump into the hole and look at the temporary block above
- Place 4 observers so they connect with the original observer.
- Fill in the hole and remove the temporary blocks
- Stand on the obsidian blocks and place a trapdoor on the top observer block.
- Finally, connect the observers to the sticky piston with redstone dust.
- The dock is now complete.
- You will need to travel to the other end and build another dock.
- On the 2nd dock, replace the sticky pistons with normal pistons
- To start your flying machine, stand on the honey blocks and activate the trap door.
Important note: before activating your flying machine make sure you have at least 2 obsidian blocks ready to stop it at the other end.
And that’s it! You should now have a working flying machine in Minecraft.
As always, if you’re having trouble with this design, or need help with another Minecraft problem, make a post on r/MinecraftHelp and one of us will help you out.