So, you’ve taken a backup of your Minecraft world and you now need to use that backup.
If you have used my previous article to make the backup then the following steps will restore it ready to be played.
- Open Windows Explorer and type %appdata% into the address bar.
- Open \.minecraft\saves\ and delete the world you want to restore.
- Open a second explorer window and browse to your OneDrive folder.
- Copy the worldname-date.7z from OneDrive to saves.
- Right click the .7z file and choose 7-zip > Extract here.
- Your world will be extracted. Once complete close the explorer windows.
- Open Minecraft. Your world will be ready to play.
If you are still having trouble restoring from a backup then please make a post on r/MinecraftHelp and one of us will be happy to guide you through it. Happy crafting folks!