Mojang have released their latest snapshot of the much anticipated Caves and Cliffs update, featuring, Lush Caves! (Announcement)
The latest new biome brings a number of new blocks and features to Minecraft’s previously barren caves. Including;
- Moss covered floors and ceilings
- Spore Blossoms grow from the ceiling and drip particles
- Contains clay pools with Dripleaf Plants grow out of them
- Contains Azalea Bushes and Flowering Azalea Bushes
- The Azalea Tree loves to have its roots in lush caves, so if you find an Azalea Tree (either overground or in a cave) you know there is a Lush Cave beneath you.
- Cave Vines with Glow Berries grow from the ceiling and light up the caves
However, they don’t currently generate in normal worlds. Follow the steps on this page to check them out in a single biome caves world.
If you haven’t enabled snapshots already, follow our snapshots guide, before following this one.
Open the launcher and load snapshot 20W10A
Click Create new world
Name your world Lush Caves then click More World Options
Change World Type: Default to World Type: Caves
Choose Lush Caves from the list, then click Done
Click Create New World
Once your world loads, you are free to explore the new Lush Caves biome.
Need more help?
If you have any problems following the steps above, make a post on r/MinecraftHelp and one of us will be happy to guide you through it.