If you have a low spec PC you may have ran into some problems with FPS in Minecraft. Optifine is a Minecraft optimisation mod that can double your FPS among other benefits.
Check out Optifine.net for a full description of the mod.
- Download the latest Optifine file for your Version of Minecraft;
- MC 1.14.4 – OptiFine 1.14.4 HD U F4
- MC 1.13.2 – OptiFine 1.13.2 HD U E7
- MC 1.12.2 – OptiFine 1.12.2 HD U E3
- We will be installing Optifine for 1.14.4 in this tutorial, but the steps are the same for all versions.
- Before running the Optifine jar, make sure you have loaded the Minecraft version at least once.
- Right click the Optifine jar and choose “Open With > Java(TM) Platform SE Binary”
- Optifine will open, click “Install”
- The jar will now create a new profile in your launcher, and install the mod.
- When it’s done you can press OK, the installer will close.
- Run the Minecraft launcher and you should see a new profile.
Optifine is now installed to Minecraft and can be played. Don’t forget to check out all the new video settings in Options > Video Settings
Recommended Optifine Settings for best FPS
- Graphics: Fast
- Smooth Lighting: Off
- Render Distance: < 6
- Dynamic Lights: Off
Still need some help installing Optifine?
Make a post on r/MinecraftHelp and one of the community will guide you through the process.