This error is usually caused by an issue with your hosts file. Commonly caused by using a cracked authenticator, the hosts file can be edited to direct your Minecraft login traffic away from Mojang’s servers.
To fix this issue on Windows 10, follow the steps below to check and clean your hosts file:
1. Open the start menu and search for “Notepad”
2. Choose “Run as Administrator” (Important)
3. Click File > Open.
4. Open your Hosts file
- Paste “%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts” into “File Name” and press enter.
5. Remove any line that contains “mojang”
7. Save the file by clicking File > Save. Then close Notepad.
You can now restart the launcher and login to your account as normal.
If you still need help, make a post on r/MinecraftHelp and one of us will guide you through the steps.